Monday, July 14, 2008

I'd like to claim I was busy...

...but busyness is a fallacy, and I don't want to be an asshole.

Either way, I am currently finishing up my first summer term, and am pretty darn thrilled to have 10 straight weeks of no class and no homework. I don't think Indie Rocker and the Munchkin are going to know what to do with me.

The last two classes I've taken have been part of my concentration for my program and have frankly been the best classes I've taken since I started here. I'm really happy about that, since if it wasn't the case, I'd have a really hard time showing up for class three nights a week once the weather got gorgeous. I haven't been overwhelmed with work, which has been nice as well. One class has been really interactive, while the other has largely been a lecture. I really don't mind either. The interactive one is more interesting from an action standpoint, but I'm still getting quite a bit out of the other one as well.

Other stuff's been going on as well. We booked the venue for the wedding, so the date's set in stone now, as much as it can be. Crazy. Also, Indie Rocker finished the Creampuff this year, which is amazing and I cannot be prouder of him. I also like that next year is now optional rather than mandatory. Awesome.

Things are going well at work--my boss scheduled check-ins with the whole department and basically told me that I was awesome aside from needing to be a tad more detail-oriented. I'm totally OK with that.

OK, now I'm just killing time in class. I'd really rather be home watching the Tour. But at least I had dinner at Chipotle, so go Christian Vande Velde!

Quote of the Day: "My uncle used to say that we like people for their qualities but we love them for their defects." John Myers (Rupert Evans), Hellboy.

No comments: