Monday, May 12, 2008

Stupid but funny...

I appear to have recovered just fine from the half-marathon, and decided to ride my bike to work today. All went well until I was about 2.5 miles in, and realized that I'd forgotten to pack a bra. Argh. So once again, I was off to Nordstrom to bond with the little old lingerie ladies. Unfortunately, the gal was neither old nor little, but did help me reconnect with my old friend Calvin Klein and I could wear the outfit I packed, rather than a sweaty shirt and sports bra all day. Ew.

I wish that I could say that this is the first time I've done this. It isn't.

On the bright side, I do have a nice new bra and I really, really needed one. Or three. Perhaps I just need to start strategically "forgetting" them. Yeah, right. Either way, I'm glad that the bike ride went well and I clearly need to start doing that more often than not. It's fun, I stay in shape, and it's cheap!

Quote of the Day: "For Bretodeau, that little box brought back a lot of memories - Federico Bahamontes winning the '59 Tour de France, and of course, the tragic day when he won all the marbles at playtime." The Narrarator (Andre Dussollier), Amelie.

No comments: