Sunday, May 04, 2008

Half-Marathon Day

I did it! I finished the Eugene Half-Marathon today, in an extremely respectable 2:06:48. I'm really proud of myself, for several reasons. One, I really wasn't sure that I could do this. I don't particularly like running on its own merits, and wasn't looking forward to racking up mileage. Two, I ran a lot faster than I thought I would and didn't realize it until we finished. Awesome.

Lastly, I'm stoked that I finally saw this project through to completion. It was one of my resolutions this year to get back into shape via a program and project, and that's exactly what I did. I followed a plan, executed it, got into great shape, and lost 15 pounds.

You could say that I'm pretty stoked. I definitely give a lot of credit to Indie Rocker for supporting my training, my running buddy K-fab for training with me until we both got sick and couldn't run the original half-marathon that we signed up, and also Doppel for stepping up and doing the long runs with me whenever she was in town, as well as running with me today.

And with that--thank God it's over!!

Quote of the Day: "Well... yeah... you put one leg in front of the other over and over again really really fast." Gordon (Dylan Moran), Run Fatboy Run.

No comments: