Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Planning...damn near everything

While I have always been someone who likes to plan everything, I am starting to realize that there are parts of the process that I don't necessarily love. Case in point: Indie Rocker and I are looking at venues for the wedding/reception, and I kind of hate the whole process. I don't like the fact that attaching the word "wedding" to an event jacks the price up by anywhere from 20-50%. I don't like that I need to make 70 phone calls and leave 70 messages in order to see these places. I don't like the whole generic wedding template.

I do like that Indie Rocker is willing to suffer through this with me. I also like that my friends accept that I will be venting about this. I also like that once I get this part squared away, we get to do the fun stuff like taste food, pick out cakes, and pick out music. I just keep telling myself that I need to just get through this, and it will get a ton easier.

Is it over yet?

Quote of the Day: "I used to think a wedding was a simple affair. Boy and girl meet, they fall in love, he buys a ring, she buys a dress, they say I do. I was wrong. That's getting married. A wedding is an entirely different proposition." George Banks (Steve Martin), Father of the Bride.

No comments: