Tuesday, April 24, 2007

'Tis the season...

For about a bazillion things to make an appearance on my plate. That's both good and bad, as I am busy, but also not falling asleep as quickly.

I finally made a huge to-do list today as a brain-dump and I think it's going to help me a lot. I really like being able to list things and it's always helped me sleep better. I'm so fascinating, aren't I?

My mom's been harassing me about getting her my birthday list, which I always slack on until the last possible second. However, this year I finally thought of something cool I want--a gift certificate to Kiva.org. My friend Foley inspired this, as his brother gave him a gift certificate for his birthday and I think it's so cool. It's all about microfinance and developing countries. So cool!

Of course, I also asked for a bunch of other stuff, since no one can be totally altruistic all the time. Besides, who doesn't want new stuff once in a while?

Other than that, I'm just preparing for summer. The Chick Surf email has gone out and I'm starting the planning for that. I'm looking forward to it; it's never been a bad weekend! Work's still going OK, but I'm running with one of my coworkers after work once a week and that is helping both the mind and body, for sure.

While we're at it, I hope everyone's having a good week! Somebody told me a story last night about a silver ring that made me think of today's quote. Cheers!

Quote of the Day: "Growing old, watching silver turn to gold/snowing cold/why aren't you here for me to hold?/didn't make much sense/but we loved to do our thing/behind her fence/and behind her little silver ring/that turned to gold/turned to gold." Little Silver Ring, The Samples.

No comments: