Thursday, March 08, 2007

He He He

It was one of my coworker's birthdays this week, so a bunch of us went out to lunch at one of the hotels nearby. This is part of why I love working downtown--I really like the whole walking to a nice lunch thing.

Either way, I ended up running into my old boss from the Hill as I was leaving the hotel. It was quite good to see her, and good to catch up. She's doing great with her new job at another hospital, and obviously I'm quite happy with my new gig. She asked if I kept in touch with anyone and I mentioned Scienziata but also noted I didn't really talk to anyone else. She said that she also tried not to dwell too much on the old place either, but that they had finally replaced her a few weeks back and that they had replaced me about 5 or 6 times over now.

5 or 6 times in just over six months. Wow. I told her, "I told you guys I worked too much!" She said, "Oh, I know!"

It's funny--Indie Rocker and I were just laughing last night about one of the docs (Bonaduce, naturally), who was always a dick to me and how Indie Rocker always wanted to walk up to him and start yelling "Bonaduce! Bonaduce!" like Beavis. Long story short, I feel like he's getting exactly what he deserves. On the other hand, though, there are a handful of docs I feel sorry for, since this can't be easy for them.

But what do I care? I'm in a way better place!!!

Quote of the Day: "God, this is so sad, this is the smallest amount of power I've ever seen go to someone's head." Jim Halpert (John Krasinski), The Office.

No comments: