Sunday, February 18, 2007

Owie.

So, I think that my friends and I are getting a little old to be ending up in the ER after a night out on the town. What started as a perfectly innocent trip to VooDoo Doughnut turned into stitches at the ER and some serious bruising.

Quick recap of the day leading up to this point. It was Indie Rocker's birthday, so after I got back from teaching all day at the mountain, I took him out to a nice dinner at this cute little restaurant on the eastside. There were about seven tables and while the food was hit-or-miss, we really liked the fact that it as so small and mellow.

After that, we knew our friends were across the river at the motorcycle bar, so we headed over there to have some beers and hang out. Literally, this place has motorcycles hanging from the rafters. They're interesting ones too, and the place plays MotoGP races during the season. Indie Rocker and I have talked about going to one, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Either way, we went from that bar to a pool hall for a little while and that's where the bug to go to VooDoo showed up. I was walking with Indie Rocker and Carman when my feet started to hurt since I was wearing nice shoes. Since I was also sober, I could really feel them. I asked Indie Rocker for a piggyback ride, which he declined, as always. Carman then gallantly offered to give me said piggyback ride. I hopped right on and things were fine for about 30 seconds until he hitched me up to around his shoulders and we went straight over and caught ourselves with our faces on the pavement.

Long story short, he got seven stitches in his forehead and I cut my chin open. Awesome. On the bright side, I was sober enough to immediately drive him to the ER, which made life easier. Argh.

Quote of the Day: "If you drink, don't drive. Don't even putt." Dean Martin.

No comments: