Thursday, June 29, 2006

Life is what happens...

Go figure. Work has gone and thrown another kink in my plans. I don't know why I'm surprised, but it's a good one for once.

On Tuesday, I was invited to attend a meeting as a participant. No admin duties required--I didn't have to take notes, didn't have to prepare an agenda. Just show up and offer input. The doc who is in charge of the sports medicine program now really likes me and likes the work that I do for him. He's also seen me all over the place for lacrosse and whatnot, so he knows that I understand the local community pretty well.

I had a realization during the meeting that I should sit down with him when he gets back from his vacation and talk about what he has in mind for my potential position in the new office at the River Campus. If things work out, I could potentially write my own job description, and that definitely wouldn't suck.

So who knows? Maybe sticking around could be a much better idea than I thought.

Quote of the Day: "Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans." Dad-ism. I'm sure he got it from somewhere, but he's been telling me that for years.

No comments: