Saturday, June 03, 2006

101 update!!

19. Join a gym that has a swimming pool and use it. Completed 6/2/06. I joined this gym something like 6 months ago. I finally used the pool for a 35 minute swim!!

This is all part of my effort to get off the couch and back into shape. Since I was on the "injured" list for a while, it's been a bit of a climb, but it's going well. Scienziata is all over my new efforts, and I'm looking forward to taking another workout class from Benny, who is also my mom's personal trainer.

Scienziata and another LabRat took me on a 6 mile run today. It was supposed to be 7, but I totally bonked at 6 and we had to walk the rest of the way home. On the bright side, I made it with only a few breaks to 6. So I'm pretty proud of myself.

The lax fest was also today, and my girls did great. We won all four games (according to Indie Rocker, the scorer screwed up on the third game, which we won. However, we officially tied it.), and had a great time. Off to the party/awards ceremony tomorrow and I am done officially!!!

Quote of the Day: "The cure for unhappiness is happiness, I don't care what anyone says." Elizabeth McCracken, Niagara Falls All Over Again. (I found it at the beginning of Nick Hornby's most recent book, for the record.

No comments: