Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Damn Proud of Myself.

I just need to brag for a moment. I made banana bread last night. Seriously, I did. And so far the response has been good even though my oven bakes a little (OK, a lot) hot and I didn’t know that. So now I’m researching ways to reconfigure either my oven or recipes so that I know how not to slightly overbake stuff.

I even bought a loaf pan and some cookie sheets—real ones, not the recyclable tin ones. So this might become a new hobby. If nothing else, it makes my apartment smell really, really good.

I’m not quite sure where this sudden interest in domesticity came from, but I don’t think it’s a bad thing. I think I’m starting to realize that acting like I don’t know how to cook, bake, sew, or whatever is starting to wear a little thin. Truth be told, I like to make a mess in the kitchen and come out of it with something to show for it. It certainly beats spending half my life eating Lean Pockets.

I’m pretty sure that spending the past two months constantly on the go from skiing, lacrosse and work has really started to take its toll, and this is the response. I want to spend more time at home, and less time running around. Indie Rocker and I figured out that a romantic evening can quite easily consist of some wine, some cheese, and the Sunday night cartoon lineup on Fox.

Perhaps spending a few nights at home bonding with the pots, the pans, and the jump drive that I’m using to work on applications for new jobs might work out pretty well for me. Here’s hoping, right?

Quote of the Day: “If you don't like what's going down/You need to change something round/And what you can't change you've got to change the way you thought about.” Fake Streets Hats, The Streets.

1 comment:

Mason West said...

Woah. Why haven't I had any of this banana bread yet?