Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Ready to go.

Well, the bag is packed, the carryon is ready, and I've already got a list of stuff that I have to go back to my apartment for tonight.

I'm still nervous, but it's more excited than stressed. I was joking with one of our schedulers today that since everyone's been reassuring me and telling me that Indie Rocker's family will love me, that it's going to be quite the rude shock if they don't. Of course, I'm just going to be myself and all that--if Indie Rocker loves me, his family probably won't dislike me, right? :)

I think this is mostly just the fact that I've never travelled to meet parents/family before. Everyone's always just lived in town. This is totally new to me. Cool, but definitely a new thing.

Oh well. Work's almost over, we've got the sort-of annual pub crawl tonight and mom's driving me to the airport at O'Dark Thirty so that I can catch my flight. So far, so good.

With that, everyone have a fantastic Turkey Day, watch tons of football, take naps from all the tryptophan, and stuff yourselves with mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie. I know I plan to!

Quote of the Day: "My bags are packed/I'm ready to go." Leaving on a Jet Plane, John Denver (although I don't think I've ever actually heard his version. Interesting.).

No comments: