Thursday, October 06, 2005

WTF?!?

I had the weirdest thing happen to me last night. I went hashing, as usual, and rather than having a nice, normal party afterwards, it got all strange. Indie Rocker was really tired and decided to bail, which is fine. Shortly after that, one of the guys said the nicest thing to me—apparently he’s a divorce lawyer with an innate nosiness regarding other peoples’ relationships (his words, not mine) and was asking Indie Rocker about us before the hash started. What he relayed to me was that Indie Rocker had said some very complimentary things and things sounded good to him. I know things are going well, but it’s always nice to hear!! But none of that was particularly weird.

During the post-hash festivities, one of the other hasher guys (not the nice lawyer, and not someone we hang out with outside the hash) decided to start pestering me about sticking around for beers and hanging out. Fine, whatever. The rest of the crew was headed to the Proclaimers show anyway, which I wasn’t interested in going to. However, this particular guy keeps pressing: “You really should stay and drink some beer with me,” “C’mon, just hang out,” “You were a lot more fun when you lived over here (in my old neighborhood).” Finally, I started to get annoyed and decided to walk to my car with the rest of the crew, who were in the process of leaving. “Oh, I can drive you to your car.” No really, I think I’ll walk. He tried one last time, and I finally said, “You know what? I was a lot more fun when I was single, too,” and left. DQ walked me back to my car and we had a great conversation on the way. Love that guy.

I mean, come on. I would never step out on Indie Rocker and I certainly wouldn’t do it with a hasher, dumbass.

Quote of the Day: “Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.” Ernest Hemingway.

No comments: