Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Taking a stand.

Well, I’ve finally made up my mind. After waffling and generally bitching for the better part of a year, I’m finally calling it. I’m putting in my resignation on December 1st. Even if I don’t have a job by then, I’ll just teach skiing full time in the breach until something comes along. I figure that I have three straight months of job searching and something has to come along by then. Perhaps that’s optimistic, but it certainly beats banging my head against the wall here for another umpteen months until I get my shit together enough to move on.

My problem is essentially that I am comfortable, and comfort breeds both ennui and stasis for me. It’s easy to do, and keep this job. I have job security up the wazoo right now because our department has done all this restructuring and I’m doing two peoples’ jobs with the remuneration of one. Which is irritating the hell out of me, to be honest.

And I’m sick of rolling my eyes at everything to keep me from killing one of the doctors. Seriously? This is becoming a daily event.

Strong Draught and I made a pact, so now I have to stick with it and I’m OK with that.

Quote of the Day: “Be my friend/Hold me, wrap me up/Unfold me/I am small/I'm needy/Warm me up/And breathe me.” Breathe Me, Sia.

No comments: