Tuesday, October 11, 2005

...or something.

I had the funniest thought today. Part of my irritation with my job is the feeling I get that one of my coworkers thinks I’m an idiot, despite copious amounts of evidence to the contrary. However, I realized today that I actually am an idiot, if for no other reason than the fact that I’m still working here.

I have revised my original resignation date, thanks to the sage advice of both parents that the holidays aren’t exactly the prime job-hunting time. Apparently, companies are mostly just trying to get through that particular fiscal quarter and don’t do much hiring before January. Fair enough. As such, I am amending my resign date to either January or February 1st, depending on the job market at the beginning of the year.

This isn’t to say that I’m not looking now, but it does mean that I’m not going to actively shoot myself in the foot by resigning when there isn’t at least some prospect of a new job. I’d like to be able to afford to be somewhat picky. And I’m kind of fond of eating.

Quote of the Day: “Windmill, Windmill for the land/Turn forever hand in hand/Take it all in on your stride/It is sinking, falling down/Love forever love is free/Let's turn forever you and me/Windmill, windmill for the land/Is everybody in?” Feel Good Inc., Gorillaz.

No comments: