Wednesday, July 20, 2005

I'm Not Like Everyone Else

It’s been one of those weeks where I’ve been grossly underworked and as such, have been fairly bored. I’m listening to streaming radio that I really like right now, which is cool. Indie Rocker’s favorite radio station of all time is based out of Seattle and it’s called KEXP. I actually like it more than I suspected that I would. I was kind of expecting college radio and it’s much better than that. Except for the whole playing Primus thing. I never liked them, despite the unarguable fact that Les Claypool is a musical genius, and I really don’t think I’m ever going to like them. Not a major loss, as far as I’m concerned. And I just found myself totally rocking out to one of Indie Rocker’s favorite bands. Which isn’t a bad thing, per se, but I think I’m still really leery of infringing on anyone’s favorites after the pitched battles I used to have with my sister. Which can probably largely be chalked up to extreme sibling rivalry, but still. It’s dumb, but it is what it is. Although, I did just do a little internet research and it turns out that when his fave band broke up over a decade ago, they turned into a band that I’ve been listening to since I was in high school. Go figure.

Awesome. The chair of our department just bought me a muffin. Sometimes, my job rocks.

Last night was very nice in that it contained a very productive meeting, and I got to come home and chill with Strong Draught, which hasn’t happened in forever. It was cool to hear about his new job, mock his predilection for girls who share my name, and just not do anything but talk about whatever. It rocked.

And now it’s off to go read everything I can about John Roberts, who I am not happy that Bush nominated. However, it’s not like I was going to be happy no matter who he threw up there, so here goes…

Quote of the Day: “Oh, yeah I feel alright tonight./Oh, man the stars are bright tonight./Like we could reach right out/and help yourself to them./Cause we want and what we need/will one day bring us to our knees./Well, I am over it./You know that I have accepted it.” Let’s Go for A Ride, Cracker.

No comments: