Wednesday, July 20, 2005

No Shit, Sherlock.

Over time, and thanks to dozens of your fabulous comments, I have realized and subsequently embraced the fact that I am weird. Gently, amusingly, and quirkily so, as far as I can tell. However, there is no better mirror for the weird than music and specifically, multiband music festivals.

Two cases in point: Bumbershoot and Austin City Limits.

Why am I even talking about this? I read over the artist schedules for both festivals and actually found myself getting really upset about them. I didn’t realize that I had such divergent musical tastes that Bumbershoot would schedule not two but four bands I want to see at the exact same time. How does one go about choosing between Devo, Flogging Molly, Tegan & Sara and Spearhead? And who the hell schedules them all at the same time, anyway!?!?!? Assholes.

Austin City Limits almost irritated me even more because it repeatedly scheduled artists I want to see in the exact same time slot. I think the only two that didn’t overlap with something else are Oasis and Coldplay and that’s only because I don’t care about Widespread Panic. Like, at all.

I really don’t know why I’m getting so worked up about this, since I don’t even think I’m going to either festival anyway. Oh, maybe it’s because I’m bored!!

Quote of the Day: “The more urgent the need for a decision, the less apparent becomes the identity of the decision-maker.” Murphy's Eighteenth Law (I thought there was just the one, too, but apparently I’m wrong. Go figure.)

No comments: