Thursday, May 05, 2005

I am so Calvin

I’m having a Spaceman Spiff kind of day. For those of you who don’t get the reference (what’s wrong with you, anyway?), Spaceman Spiff was one of Calvin from Calvin & Hobbes’ alter egos. He had about a dozen, including Hobbes, obviously, but this particular one was a swashbuckling space explorer who inevitably found himself in the middle of some interstellar catastrophe, in dire peril, with an incapacitated ship and certain death staring him in the face. Generally, after a bunch of panels of this, the last panel would depict Calvin sitting on his butt next to the swingset or stuck at the top of the slide, having survived nothing more harrowing than recess.

It’s been one of those days. Not good or bad, per se. Just a little weird.

Quote of the Day: “I'll write you a letter tomorrow/Tonight I can't hold a pen/Someone's got a stamp that I can borrow/I promise not to blow the address again/Lights that flash in the evening/Through a hole in the drapes/I'll be home when I'm sleeping/I can't hardly wait.” Can’t Hardly Wait, Paul Westerberg.

No comments: