Thursday, April 14, 2005

Stayin' true to the game

God, listen to me with the melodrama! Somebody please just shoot me next time I’m feeling so sorry for myself. Things are much better around here today after a crazy fun day yesterday. Work wasn’t such a blast, but the rest of the day rocked. My girls played their first game against the best team in the league and really held their own. I’m so proud of them. I’m a spastic coach at the games, to the surprise of absolutely nobody. The dads who were helping were making fun of me—joking that I clearly had no passion for the game and didn’t enjoy what I was doing as I ran running commentary, coordinated subs, jumped up and down and tried to encourage my girls psychically, since my voice wasn’t cooperating.

After the game, I headed home and then met the fam out at a new sports bar where a number of Champ Car drivers were making an appearance. It was awesome, because we recognized almost all of the drivers and several of them are total hotties. Never a bad thing. Also, I managed to run into Gorgeous, who is sporting quite the deep, dark tan these days. I wonder where he went for spring break!!

After that, I headed back to my hood to hang out with Chitown and one of my old buddies from college, Madras. It was so awesome to sit around, drink beer and chill for a few hours. I nearly overslept this morning, but managed to make it to the bus, where I donned my headphones and promptly missed a call from Indie Rocker. Dammit. Oh well. He left a sweet message and I got an email this morning, too. 15 more days!

Quote of the Day: “We’re not ballin’or shot callin’/we take it back to the days of yes y’allin’/We holdin’ on to what’s golden/On a stage I rage and I’m rollin’!” What’s Golden, Jurassic 5.

No comments: