Friday, April 15, 2005

Saving Myself

Well, there are going to be some pretty major changes around here in the next few weeks and months. As it stands now, I am no longer going to be leaving for New Zealand. Unfortunately, since I didn’t get my Cert II in time, the jobs just aren’t available. Also, the weakness of the dollar is making international travel unbelievably expensive to developed countries. I’m sure it would still be cheap to go to Thailand or something, but Australia and New Zealand have way too strong of currency.

I’m also looking for a new job pretty seriously. I’ve dabbled before, but my job is about to change pretty drastically and I have no interest in pursuing it where it’s going to go. I’ve been here too long anyway, so it’s time for a change. Besides, you’re always more hireable when you’re still employed, right?

Other than that, things are just as they’ve always been, so I’ve got that going for me. I’m maddeningly busy for the next two weeks, but that’s both good and bad. Bad for my mother trying to plan a special dinner before Speedy leaves for her summer job, but good because Indie Rocker will be home in no time. Talking to him this morning just made my whole day. There you go, my sappy admission for the day. Cheers!

Quote of the Day: “You look like the perfect fit/for a girl in need of a tourniquet/But can you save me/come on and save me/from the ranks of the freaks/who suspect/they could never love anyone?” Save Me, Aimee Mann.

No comments: