Thursday, April 07, 2005

Silence ain't Golden

I don’t mean to brag, I don’t mean to boast, but I’m seeing U2 twice when they hit the West Coast!!

That’s really the one thing that’s keeping me going today, as I have to take Indie Rocker to the airport since he’s leaving on a work trip for 3 weeks. So that sucks, just a little bit. I’m not really looking forward to having him 16 hours away for the rest of the month. I hate to be all sappy and girly, but I’m going to miss the guy.

That, and I have acute laryngitis and the doctor spent a good half hour yesterday stuffing all sorts of scopes and whatnot down my throat via my mouth and my nose and inundating me with grody lidocaine. The end result is that I have some seriously angry, red, raggedy vocal cords and that if I don’t stop yelling at practice, stop talking whenever I don’t have to, and start using a humidifier and steam, I’m going to sound like this forever. It’s kind of like when my mom used to tell me when I was making a face that if I kept it up it would stick that way, except that the doctor means it and Mom never did.

So I’m relegated to writing and playing a constant game of Charades. Can I even tell you how much fun this is going to be? One of my coworkers emailed me a picture of a mime yesterday, so I threw paper clips at her in retaliation. Argh.

Me not talking. This has to be one of Dante’s rings of Hell.

Quote of the Day: “And in the naked light I saw/Ten thousand people, maybe more/People talking without speaking/People hearing without listening/People writing songs that voices never share/And no one dared/Disturb the sound of silence.” The Sound of Silence, Simon & Garfunkel.

No comments: