Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Let's take Neuroses for 200, Alex.

Help me define relationships, because I’ve apparently found myself in one again. Not that it’s a bad thing, because I’m particularly fond of the boy I’m seeing, but I’m always baffled as to where the dividing line between “hanging out/seeing each other” and “dating/together” lies. What’s really the issue is that I’m not sure that I’ve crossed it yet. And everyone I know knows how loathe I am to attach labels to anything.

Indie Rocker invited me to go to Easter dinner at his aunt and uncle’s house this weekend. While that in and of itself is really nothing to get worked up about, since I’ve already met both of them, it is the closest family he has up here and it’s still family on a holiday, no less. Meeting friends is no big deal—been there, done that. Family seems to carry a totally different connotation.

Why is that?

Is it the assumption that family is always going to be there what makes it more stressful? I don’t even know that stressful’s the right word, since I’m not stressed, per se. I’m a little nervous for sure, but it’s not going to keep me up every night until Easter (it can’t really…God bless codeine-laced cough syrup), but it’s clearly on my mind.

I’m putting too much thought into this again, aren’t I?

Quote of the Day: "Now I've just got one thing to say/If we stand still we're sure to just fade away/Look into your eyes/Look for something more/Hey now there's a solution." Don't Look Away, Helio Sequence

No comments: