Monday, February 14, 2005

VD Vacation

I'm off to the WP on Wednesday morning, and not a moment too soon. I had a really fun, but really weird weekend that took a lot out of me and I'm starting to really regret giving up coffee for Lent. Go me with the great ideas.

Either way, Friday night was Headfirst's surprise birthday party, so after I celebrated Dad's birthday with he and Mom, I picked up WRX and headed over to the Doug Fir for the Thermals show, where we were meeting the whole crew. It ended up being a ton of fun, the bands all rocked and there was much Red Bull and vodka being drank. At some point in the evening, the birthday boy and I decided it would be a great idea to make out, much to the chagrin of Roche, who had organized the whole party. The only reason I knew about the party to begin with was because Chief LHV had told me. Either way, we all had fun, I think.

Saturday was spent being very late for work at the mountain because I was still taking care of WRX. Who I got to blame for my tardiness. Hee!

Saturday night was another birthday celebration at Eeyore's place, which we got to late since we didn't even leave ski school until 9:00 pm. It was a lot of fun, though. Bientot, YM and I were late getting to ski school on Sunday and then had to park at HRM, which irritated all three of us. Interestingly, just as we were walking to the bus, who pulled into the lot? Headfirst, Roche and Chief LHV. Of course. Who yelled hello as we went over to the bus. Chief LHV rode the bus with us and we chatted about his messed-up knee. I was almost late for lineup, as I was skiing Star with everyone and there were approximately 10 million racers. Ooops. After lineup, I met up with Headfirst, Roche and Chief, and then ran inside to change my coat and ski. I got Marshall and we managed to spend the entire day essentially skiing with Headfirst and Roche, since Chief's knee was done. Which wasn't weird at all. Really. Yeah, I wouldn't believe me either. It was bizarre. Fun, but bizarre. I could have kicked Roche in the shins a few times for being a complete ass, but that wouldn't be anything new, now would it? We did do laps on Upper Elevator and Outer Limits because the snow was beautiful and we had a blast. Well, that or this season has given us all Stockholm Syndrome and we're learning to love it when it sucks less than usual.

After I got home, I chilled for a while and went out for a beer with Headfirst, which was kind of pointless as we were both exhausted and had just spent the day together anyway. Plus, the conversation was a little like: Elephant? Does anyone else see the elephant in the middle of the room that we are trying to ignore? No? Just me? Thanks. I am insane. Great. On the other hand, Marshall was totally right. Headfirst totally reminds me of Eeyore.

Is it Wednesday yet? Good thing the girls are going our for martinis to celebrate "Single Women's Awareness Day" or whatever YM called it.

Quote of the Day: "I think we've reached our limit/I think we're getting finished/but I'm never on/I'm always wrong/I can always/trust the opposite." Time to Lose, The Thermals.

No comments: