Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Raising a toast to aspirations

Is it really 2005 already? Wow. Wasn’t it just 2000, like, two months ago?

I did make a few resolutions this year and if I manage to stick with one or two of them through February, I’m going to be proud of myself.

1. Take the partying back just a notch or three. I’ve been quite the party girl for the few years (and I mean that in a very good way. I’ve had quite a lot of fun, really.) However, I’ve reached a point in my life where partying is still fun, but I want to scale it back for a few important reasons.
2. Stand up straight. Mayday asked me if I had shrunk when I saw him on Sunday, so I want to make it a habit to stand up straight.
3. Make exercise a little less haphazard. I seem to squeeze in exercise whenever it’s convenient, rather than making it a regular habit.
4. Travel. Extensively. Really, really extensively. Possibly even learn to speak Australian. I already know that Foster’s is Australian for Budweiser.
5. Dress more femininely/professionally at work. I tend to tromp around in Doc Martens and bowling shoes more often than not, which is not the world’s cutest look. Plus, it’s an excuse to go shoe shopping. I also rarely wear skirts, but that’s more weather-related than anything else. It’s really difficult to get excited about standing out in the cold waiting for the bus in a skirt and nylons. Which I hate. Which I did this morning. I actually busted out my ski hat to wear on the way to work to conserve heat. So we’ll see how this one goes.
6. Do more with the new responsibilities I’m gaining at work. My boss is helping me by giving me more work and thus, I need to make it count. Cool.
7. Get my Cert II. Dammit. This is going to happen this year if it kills me. Which it just might.

Quote of the Day: “I can't believe that we would/lie in our graves/Wondering if we had/spent our living days well/I can't believe that we would/lie in our graves/Dreaming of things that we/might have been." Lie in Our Graves, Dave Matthews Band

No comments: