Friday, December 10, 2004

Awwww...so cute.

So I got this cute email from my coworker today about her niece. Check it out:

"Personally I don't get ga-ga over things like this.. but it touched me. This is from my sister:

As you all know, Niece absolutely LOVES anything to do with Lord Of The Rings... Last night I saw in the paper that the Bagdad theatre was having a Book Signing put on by Powell's Book Store. The guest signer was Sean Astin (he's the one that played the Hobbit Samwise Gamgee a.k.a. SAM, Frodo's true and trusty friend). Well we went there, bought the book (about Sean's experience of filming LOTR for 2 years in New Zealand). After a bit of a down to earth chat with the audiance he signed books.

Niece started shaking BEFORE we even left the house... by the time we were just a couple of people before the actual signing of the book tears started falling! When it was her turn I took the book from her hand and handed it to Sean to sign, She was totally frozen and bawling like a newborn! He looked up as he passed the book back and saw her in tears, he STOOD UP AND GENTLY PULLED HER TO HIM OVER THE TABLE AND HUGGED HER FOR LIKE 15 SECONDS!!!!!!!!!!! He talked in her ear, "I hope you're okay" she said "i just love you", he said "honey, I love you too"... then we left for home! She bawled for hours!!!!! I cannot explain how totally happy that girl is!!! It was sooo fun to see her BE so happy!!"

Apparently Niece is generally a very unemotional and introverted person. Leave it to the most awesome Hobbit ever to elicit such a response. Cute!

Also under the topic of cute, I have received not one, but two emails heralding the arrival of little ones this week. The Aussie is a rocking good baby photographer and his son is so, so cute. I can't wait to meet him. The other proud parents have a lovely daughter, I assume, as dad sucks at taking pictures that don't cast a ginormous shadow right over the little one's face. He'll get better at this, I hope. Marshall and I are kicking in for some baby Patagonia for that particular little one, so that'll be fun. I also can't wait to meet her.

Aside from that, we lost at dodgeball last night, but to the team that eventually won the championship, so we can console ourselves that way. And they're the only team that beat us this season. So we don't suck!

Speedy got all packed and everything, so I wish her the best of luck. And next time I do breakfast at the folks' house, I am not drinking anywhere near as much coffee. Whew.

Quote of the Day: "When it comes to beats well I'm a fiend/I like my sugar with coffee and cream/Well I got to keep it going keep it going full steam/Too sweet to be sour too nice to be mean/On the tough guy style I'm not too keen/To try to change the world I will plot and scheme." Intergalactic, Beastie Boys

No comments: