Thursday, April 22, 2004

Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground

So I’ve been at a lack of things to say lately just because it’s been so crazy around here and I had a bad weekend. I didn’t pass exams for a variety of reasons (OK, more like 2 but that’s neither here nor there) and then got absurdly drunk after not eating dinner. Good times.

On the bright side, the week has really been looking up since then. We celebrated Marshall’s birthday on Tuesday. Happy birthday Marshall! We took her to Portland City Grill, which as Chitown pointed out on his blog, was a little weird. He said that it was like Timberline Lodge on the 30th Floor of the US Bancorp Building, whereas I just thought it was an odd juxtaposition of smoky boys club and this swanky piano bar. It was this weird vibe—I think we’re a little young for the place, to be totally honest. However, afterwards we went to Henry’s Tavern, which is brand spanking new and in the Brewery Blocks. It pretty much kicked ass and I can definitely see spending quite a bit of time there watching football and hockey on their ginormous plasma flat-screens. I fear the clientele might be leaning more towards the Ringler’s/Kell’s/Bar 71 crowd, but such is life and the bar freaking rocks.

I’m listening to a cover of Lionel Ritchie’s absolutely awful 80s song “Hello” as done by Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, so that definitely doesn’t suck. It’s been a weird, draggy day at work and all I want to do is go outside and play in the sunshine. On the bright side, I think things are about to change.

Quote of the Day: “I’m a driver/I’m a winner/Things are gonna change/I can feel it.” Loser, Beck

No comments: