Wednesday, March 17, 2004

The Spicy McHaggis Jig

Ahhh…St. Paddy’s Day. I can definitely get behind a holiday that requires me to wear my favorite green sweater, pinch my friends if they aren’t wearing green and drink a lot of beer. That’s what I call a holiday. I’ve adapted the line from “The Crow” where T-Bird is talking about Devil’s Night for St. Paddy’s Day: “Here’s to St. Patrick’s Day, my new favorite haaaaliday.” And I skip the part where he washes down a bullet with a shot of tequila.

Right now I’m listening to Dropkick Murphys and daydreaming about Guinness, Harp and parades as I sit at work attempting to be productive. I really want to dance tonight, and think that I might just do that at the Green Room. At least after a few beers I can use that as a valid excuse.

We specifically picked the Green Room because it isn’t Kell’s. Not that I personally have anything against Kell’s, but there’s no parking, it’s expensive and half the damn city is there this week. Thus, we decided that we can be just as pseudo-Irish at a different Irish bar. Much easier and it’s bigger than Biddy’s. Biddy’s was fun last year, but there are too many of us going out to be squarshed like sardines into Biddy’s.

Unfortunately, my reverie has been interrupted by a voice message from Mr. Stupidhead, my most recent ex. I think his sixth sense told him that I’m not thinking about him at all anymore and thus, he has to call and irritate me again. Fortunately, he’s leaving the country for two months on Sunday and I am off the hook, probably until my birthday when he’ll decide that he should be nice. All I really have to say about that is, dude, you have a new girlfriend. Take care of her and have fun and don’t worry about me. I’m fine. Better than I ever was, actually, so thanks for asking and have a great life. Buh-bye!

That was a fun distraction. So pretty much anything Eire does in the next few days will put me in a good mood. Lucky him.

Quote of the Day: “We’ll drink and drink and drink and drink and drink and fight!/we’ll drink and drink and drink and drink and drink and fight!/and if I see a pretty girl, I’ll sleep with her tonight!/We'll drink, and drink, and drink, and drink, and drink, and drink and fight!” Irish Drinking Song, Buck-O-Nine