Sunday, December 20, 2009

So, definitely not a heart attack

I did finally go to the doctor about the lightheadedness, which turned out to be a vigorous bout of labyrinthitis, which does not come with either Muppets or David Bowie. Rather, it's the byproduct of a virus that affects the inner ear and makes you dizzy. I got some anti-vertigo drugs, which were worse that the lightheadedness, so those got taken about three times before I just gave up and waited out the 7-10 days the thing was supposed to last.

So on the bright side, that's gone, but I have now caught Indie Rocker's cold. I really, really, really hope (and have been knocking on wood all day) that I caught the mild form, because he has been a six foot tall phlegm factory for almost a week, and I definitely don't want that version. I'm ok with the mildly congested version.

Yikes, that was a little more visceral than I intended it to be. Yuk.

Quote of the Day: "Ah, don't pay any attention to them, they're just false alarms. You get a lot of them in the Labyrinth, especially when you're on the right track." Hoggle (Shari Weiser/Brian Henson), Labyrinth.

No comments: