Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Whelmed?

It's funny, maybe even ironic, that I feel like I'm more disorganized and flaky now that I'm done with school than I was when I had class twice a week.

It's almost like I had such a set schedule that I knew exactly when I had time to do things, and when I didn't, and could plan accordingly. Suddenly, I now have to manage my own time all of the time, and it's harder than I originally thought. I think I just expected it to be exactly the same as before I started school, but the more I think about it, nothing's the same.

I mean, I had already moved in with Indie Rocker and we'd already gotten The Munchkin, but for some reason, this still feels different. I don't think the marriage part is the reason; I just think the situation feels different, and I can't put my finger on it.

Either way, I think having a week to myself after my fab vacation will help me get my act together and feel a little less overwhelmed. Maybe I'll just get to whelmed, which would be OK with me.

Quote of the Day: Chastity: "I know you can be overwhelmed, and you can be underwhelmed, but can you ever just be whelmed?"
Bianca: "I think you can in Europe." Gabrielle Union and Larisa Oleynik, 10 Things I Hate About You.

No comments: