Friday, September 18, 2009

I have an MBA.

Wow, looks pretty good up there, doesn't it? I finished my degree this week, which now means that when I fill out surveys and they ask what level of education I've completed, I can legitimately say "Master's or advanced degree." Or whatever language they prefer to use!

We presented to the company on Wednesday, and it went really well. I used two of my dad's "cheats" to help me with my notes--putting them into a 3-ring binder and using my finger to prevent me from totally losing my place when I looked up--and got raves for my performance. I feel like I've truly learned a lot from the whole experience. Aside from that, I got an A on the project, which also feels good.

I turned in my self-evaluation to my boss today, which was nerve-racking for a few reasons. She asked me today what my plans were now that I'm done with school. I told her, quite honestly, that I don't really see myself retiring from the company, but that I also plan to rest on my laurels for a bit. That said, I asked for a promotion in my evaluation.

In a down economy, and in a nonprofit that's seen a precipitous fall in donations.

Which is either incredibly ballsy, or really stupid. I'm going with ballsy, but with good reason. I am doing two people's jobs, which has happened to me before, in my previous job. However, I learned from that, and I want to get credit for it this time. I feel like I've earned the right to a promotion, because they certainly feel fine giving me more responsibilities. We'll see how it goes--obviously, this isn't a make-or-break issue in a crappy economy. I do still like eating.

Other than that, it's off to Hood River tonight for some well-deserved chilling with the friends and next weekend it's off to San Fran for some wedding shenanigans with college friends, which is going to be so, so much fun.

Quote of the Day: "This is our decision to live fast and die young/We've got the vision, now let's have some fun/Yeah it's overwhelming, but what else can we do/
Get jobs in offices and wake up for the morning commute?" Time to Pretend, MGMT.

No comments: