Monday, September 21, 2009

Change of Seasons

I love that fall in the Pacific Northwest frequently means the beginning of a seriously Indian summer. I mean, it's supposed to be the end of summer tomorrow and the weatherpeople are predicting a week of sunny, summery weather.

Go figure.

School starts next week, for students at public universities in Oregon. It's going to be weird to not have any homework, or stops by the bookstore, or really anything that I need to be doing. I might even be getting my degree in the mail any day now, but I'm not exactly holding my breath for that one.

I'm definitely staying busy--there are some opportunities arising that I am attempting to get organized. I have my yearly review tomorrow with my boss, so keep your fingers crossed that it goes well. I think it will, but it will be extremely interesting to hear what she says about my promotion request.

I'm starting ski conditioning classes tonight, which are also going to be cyclocross preparedness classes. I competed at the Hood River Double Cross over the weekend, and while I didn't finish last, I wasn't far off. I just think that between cycling, cross-training, some Pilates classes and running, I should be in pretty awesome shape this winter for skiing, and especially for skiing in France. That's truly my biggest focus--I want to be able to do everything on that trip, so I need to be putting in the hours starting now.

I'm super-excited for San Fran this weekend. It's going to be sorority-riffic, what with tons of UO girls going to the wedding, and getting to stay with my sorority lil sis and her husband while we're down there. We might even get to go wine tasting! It's going to be a great weekend.

So yeah, not so much with the extra free time, but I'm already less tired than I was. I hate to admit that the doctor was right--I wasn't going to get any less tired until I was completely done with school.

Quote of the Day: "School's out for summer/school's out for ever/school's out com-plete-ly/No more pencils/no more books/no more teacher's dirty looks." School's Out, Alice Cooper.

No comments: