Thursday, August 20, 2009

Starting to relax

While I fully intend to devote a good chunk of my weekend to my presentation and accompanying paper, I am pleased to be this close to being totally done with school. It's a nice, calming feeling, and I'm glad to be telling people that I am close, and that I do intend to job search and everything else.

Indie Rocker and I have been discussing our car situation, which means that we may even get around to selling one in the near future. That one may end up being mine, which isn't really the worst case scenario. I do wish that I could pin him down on that, though.

We've also started to talk about what we need to do with the house. We both know, and have known, that we want to do some major overhauling on the house as the current setup isn't ideal, in the slightest. So we're thinking that will probably be our biggest project in the coming few years. It should be interesting!

More than anything, I think we've both gotten to the point where we know that things are going to be changing, and we're getting used to the idea. All of the changes are good, of course, but change is always a little strange to contemplate at first.

I think being on the verge of being finished with school, coupled with it being nearly fall, and the constant weather change, has gotten me thinking about a bunch of things--getting back into shape, getting my act together professionally, getting my financial sh*t together, and generally improving my outlook. I think I've been so stressed out for so long that I'm having a hard time believing that I can actually relax in the very near future.

I like to joke that I don't know how to relax, but that's starting to not be so funny. I think that I need to figure it out sooner rather than later! Probably starting Saturday morning, as I fully intend to sleep in!

Quote of the Day: "You get the car/I'll get the night off/you'll get the chance to take the world apart and figure out how it works/don't let me know what you find out." Car, Built to Spill. They're opening for The Flaming Lips tonight and I'm stoked to see them. Yay!

No comments: