Thursday, June 25, 2009

What a weird-ass week.

I will be the first person to admit that my friend Chitown totally badgered me into caring about Michael Jackson's death. That, and the incessant Facebook updates from everyone I know. Craziness.

I'm not the first person to think of this, but MJ is functionally my generation's Elvis. We grew up listening to him, he's the King of Pop, he was cool and interesting when he was young, and became batshit crazy and weird as he got older.

All of the unsavory child-related grossness aside, he was an insanely talented artist with the bad luck to have spent the bulk of his life in the spotlight. I'd probably be weird as hell too if I'd been in front of the press since I was 7.

Either way, I hope that MJ, Farrah and Ed all rest in peace. And that no one else dies for a little while--this is getting way too weird.

Quote of the Day: "'Cause this is thriller, thriller night/Girl, I can thrill you more than any ghost would ever dare try/Thriller, thriller night/So let me hold you tight and share a killer, thriller, ow!" Thriller, Michael Jackson.

No comments: