Friday, May 15, 2009

Well, nevermind then.

After some more consideration, I have decided that putting together another 101 list isn't a good idea. It's not that I don't think that I can do it, but I started to jot things down and realized that I am not all that interested in it.

I thought about why this felt like drudgery, and it's because it is. Putting together a fairly arbitrary list of things I want to do between now and February 2012 seems like an unnecessary chore. Instead, I want to have the freedom to do a bunch of cool stuff and not have to adhere to some list I came up with and quickly outgrew. Which is essentially what happened with the last one, and is why I couldn't finish it to any satisfactory degree.

So there is clearly nothing wrong with me; instead, the system itself is flawed. I love it. What a perfect solution!

That said, there are a handful of things I am positively elated to be planning for: Chick Ski 2010 in Europe, my first wedding anniversary, my graduation and potential new career, redoing the kitchen, and supporting Indie Rocker if he really does decide that he wants to do Paris-Brest-Paris in the next five years.

Yeah, not exactly sitting around eating bon-bons, am I?

Quote of the Day: "Letting everyone down would be my greatest unhappiness." Marie Antoinette (Kirsten Dunst), Marie Antoinette.

No comments: