Friday, January 30, 2009

I love my family, I love my family, I love...

...except when they drive me completely and totally batshit crazy.

Since I know for a fact that no one in my immediate family reads this, I can vent. I had a really frustrating conversation with my mother this morning that was basically about the fact that I had no right to be annoyed with my sister for sending me an RSVP card that said she wasn't coming to the wedding because I shouldn't have sent her an invite to begin with.

While I am not an etiquette expert, I think it's weird not to send invitations to the wedding party. I just do. I realize that they know they're invited because you asked them to be in the wedding, but I think it's cool to send them an invite anyway.

Am I totally out of line? Maybe I'm just tired of being told to have a sense of humor when I feel like I've been killing myself for months trying to avoid being even a hint of a Bridezilla. That's kind of my biggest fear--that I'm going to get so caught up in the wedding stuff that my friends and family don't recognize me anymore. I guess the best solution would probably just be to ask my family to cut me some slack and not razz me as much these days. I'm definitely under a lot of pressure right now, and I can see that that's making it harder for me to maintain my usual sense of humor.

Because really, I can usually give as good as I get. Under normal circumstances, anyway.

Quote of the Day: "What's with you? Yesterday you were normal and today you're like the Chinese guy from the Karate Kid. What's with you today?" A.J. (Johnny Whitworth), Empire Records.

1 comment:

Dara said...

You're not completely out of line, but you shouldn't worry so much about becoming a Bridezilla, that's what's sort of making you come off like that. Just be normal, beautiful, fantastic, funny, light Katie and everyone else will go right along with that. I think that the reason Cynthia felt ok sending that RSVP card joke is because she doesn't think of you as being a Bridezilla so she thought you'd think it was sort of funny. Which, it kind of was. She meant to give you a giggle. That's all.

I haven't sent my reply card in yet because I have been working 24/7 for the last 3 weeks, however, I am planning to come and will not be bringing a date because I have no one in my life special enough to introduce to you. :)