Friday, October 03, 2008

Rainy Day Ruminating

It's funny, that for someone who rarely runs out of things to say, that I have a hard time posting to the blog these days. I don't really know what it is. I know that I have a lot more on my plate than I did back when I started this little project. I mean, I guess I'm just starting to realize that I don't need to share every little inane detail of my life. Or maybe I do, but this requires more effort than a text message, so it's too hard.

Maybe Facebook and Myspace have something to do with it too. I feel like I have plenty of interaction with my friends via Facebook, and I don't really get feedback here, so I'm less likely to throw stuff up here versus constant updating of the FB page. Which is also a little weird, to be sure.

What's funny is that there are so many social outlets that I have to take a step back sometimes and consider which ones really deserve the time and energy I devote to them. More than anything, I'm so happy that I've managed to strike a bit of a balance between school, work, friends, and home than I have in quite some time. I'm still more of a homebody than I ever was before, but that's not a bad thing.

Going back to school this week was definitely a shock to my system, and what's not helping is the fact that I'm taking three classes this term, so I have only two free weeknights now. Argh. But at the same time, I just realized that I am now looking at a 2009 graduation date instead of 2010, and that makes me really, really happy.

Besides, if I graduate in 2009, that means that I don't have to plan around class for a trip to Europe for the CX worlds in 2010! Hello, Belgian beer and getting to visit Redhead in The Netherlands!!

Quote of the Day: "Windows echo your reflection/When I look in their direction now/When will this haunting stop?/Your face it just wont leave me alone." Pictures of Matchstick Men, Camper Van Beethoven.

No comments: