Thursday, June 12, 2008

How time flies...

Tonight is the last night of my first year in grad school. I'm taking a couple of summer classes, but for all intents and purposes, I'm done with my first year proper. I'm in a little bit of shock, because it's all gone by so fast. I mean, I feel like I was just sitting down for my GMAT not all that long ago, and all of the sudden, here I am, a year in.

Frankly, I'm happy about the whole thing. I think I'm in the right place, and I'm definitely on the right track. I feel like I picked the right program because I can see a light at the end of the tunnel, and it's a beautiful light indeed. I've already started some of my elective classes and I love them. They're the reason I picked PSU, and I'm ecstatic that they are everything I'd hoped they'd be. I love that there are seven people in my class, and that I can email my professor to ask questions and she knows exactly who I am.

I know that I could probably transfer onto the main campus cohort, but I really like my classmates, and we're really starting to bond as a group as well. In fact, we went out for beers last week and had a great time; we're already starting to plan an outing to a local soccer game this summer.

Long story short, I'm very pleased with my decision to go back to grad school, and I can only hope that it's going to work out for the best.

Quote of the Day: "Christ. Seven years of college down the drain. Might as well join the fucking Peace Corps." Bluto (John Belushi), Animal House.

No comments: