I honestly thought I'd done more than that, but I guess it is what it is.
1. Start a savings account Completed 1/17/06. I finally did it! I opened a savings account! I am so freaking proud of myself!!
2. Get a new job Completed 7/25/06. I accepted a position with a local nonprofit fund development organization. I think it's going to be a great situation and a much better work environment for me. Plus, it's off the Hill and that's mostly what I wanted. Even better, I did it on my own, and that thrills me more than anything.
3. Fix my bike and make it a commuter. completed 7/14/05. I did it! I rode my fixed bike (fixed by Indie Rocker on 7/09/05) to work today! I got my first commuter punch, took my first shower on campus, and made it to work with tons of time to spare.
4. Buy a surfboard. Completed 12/25/06. Indie Rocker paid for part of it as a birthday gift, but I paid off the rest and I cannot wait to use it. My friend Bryan at Seven Surfboards is awesome, and I can't wait to ride my new board. Woo!
5. Replace my windshield. Completed 12/04/07. This is a little embarrassing that it took me this long to do it. However, I'm sure it will be really nice to actually be able to see through my windshield. I might even get new wipers.
11. Play an entire season of lacrosse for Portland Winded, including practices. Completed 5/1/06. I'm considering this one done, since I did go to a bunch of practices and even traveled with the team. Ergo, I did it. Certainly moreso than I ever did in the past.
13. Go to Coachella/Bonnaroo/Austin City Limits (one, not all) or some such multi-day, mega-band festival once. Bumbershoot doesn’t count, as I’ve gone, like, five times. Completed 5/27-28, 2007. I went to the Sasquatch Music Festival this year, so I'm calling this one done. I mean, it was written up in Spin and Rolling Stone as a major summer festival to check out, so as far as it required travel, I had to stay there overnight and it had to be a significant show, I'm thinking I'm good.
15. Go surfing in Hawaii Completed 11/12/07. Indie Rocker and I surfed Waikiki. I'm counting this because I did actually stand up on the board. Mushy waves are a bitch. Additionally, Indie Rocker, Furry Thing and I surfed Ho'okipa on Maui just four days later. Woo!
16. Ski with my sister wherever she is working/living in the winter Completed 3/1/07-3/4/07. I flew down to Tahoe and spent four days skiing with Speedy, Marshall, State, and Redhead. So yeah, it pretty much rocked.
19. Join a gym that has a swimming pool and use it. Completed 6/2/06. I joined this gym something like 6 months ago. I finally used the pool for a 35 minute swim!!
20. Clean out my closet and take the things I haven’t worn in over a year to Goodwill/Buffalo Exchange completed 7/10/05. I actually started this over two weeks ago when I had Chitown come help me go through my Goodwill pile. He went through my entire closet, I made $30 at Red Light and took the rest to Goodwill.
21. Take a cooking class at Sur la Table. Completed 9/27/05. Mom and I took the class from Pixie, who taught us cool recipes from her restaurant, which rocked. Plus, Mom bought me a bunch of fun stuff for the kitchen that we needed. yay!
24. Buy ski pants that aren’t made by Spyder Completed 1/21/08. I bought a pair of Cloudveil pants. Which now means that I actually don't have to steal my pants from MHM to go on my ski vacations this year. Good times!
25. Take the GRE and GMAT Completed 5/15/07. I took the GMAT today and kept my scores. I don't need to take the GRE, so I'm calling this one done since I have no interest in wasting $200+ on a test I don't need to take. That's just idiotic!
27. Either suck it up and learn to knit or stop talking about it. Completed sometime between May and November 2007. I haven't talked about this in months, and I know it's never going to happen, so good riddance.
28. Nurture Presents... for the Bus Project into a self-sustaining program that I can hand off to someone else Completed 1/18/06. I've largely figured out that since the ball is now rolling, somebody else can take this over. Both because I don't want to anymore and also because it appears that they don't need me. So, good times either way.
29. Figure out if there is a grad program that I want to enroll in. Completed 9/15/06. Mom found out that there's a Willamette U. MBA program here in Portland. It's spendy, but I think it's a good idea. Dad actually talked me into doing a "night" program, since it'll end up better long-term.
30. Apply to said grad programs Completed 6/27/07 when I emailed my essay to PSU's MBA+ grad program. I'm hoping that my letters of recommendation came through, and I assume PSU will tell me soon if they didn't. However, my end of the application bargain is done. Woo!
32. Subscribe to Surfer completed 6/7/05. This was actually partially so that I would remember to reinstate my Surfrider membership, since I am a big, fat slacker.
33. Plan and take an actual vacation, complete with airline reservations and hotels Completed 11/10-18/07. While we didn't actually stay at hotels, I did make plane reservations, rental car reservations and actually negotiated crash space with friends which can be an even touchier subject than hotels. So, awesome trip to Hawaii, thanks for knocking this one off the list!
34. Buy a bathing suit from somewhere besides Old Navy completed 4/7/06. I bought two Aaron Chang suits at the Longboard Grotto in Encinitas. They are so awesome. One of the bottoms doesn't fit right, but the top matches both of my boardshorts and the suits were so cheap that I bought both anyway.
35. Grow out my nails long enough to get a manicure that doesn’t look ridiculous Done 6/10/2006. My nails are definitely long enough that the manicure that Mom gave me for my birthday doesn't look ridiculous. It looks pretty cool, actually.
36. See Coldplay live Done 8/17/2005. Got the good seats and everything and got to see "Clocks" live. Awesome.
37. Pay off my credit card Done 1/7/2008. I meant to actually do this at the end of the month, but I screwed up and did it early. Oh well! Good on me anyway--I was really tired of looking at that bill!!!
38. Purchase a laptop Done 10/7/07. Technically, Dad purchased it, but I wrote the reimbursement check, transferred everything from the old laptop to the new one, and returned the old one to Mom and Dad. Ergo, I'm considering this one done.
40. Buy groceries at a farmers market. Completed 6/29/06. I went to the farmer's market at Ecotrust last week with Scienziata and decided that I'd come back and pick up dinner stuff this week. And I did. Plus, last Sunday in Seattle, I bought groceries at Pike Place Market. So I doubly did this one!!
44. Take a class on radio or find out how to submit something to NPR. Basically the goal of this task is to do something with this interesting voice I’ve been given aside from accepting very nice compliments from strangers and enduring endless mockery from my friends. Completed 2/19/08. I think this one may have been about getting on the radio somehow, but I did figure out how to submit something to NPR. They have a segment called "This I Believe" and once I finish my purpose statement for one of my current classes, I plan on sending it in. So this one is essentially completed, since I did figure something out.
47. Get a hash name. Completed 9/21/05. Be careful what you wish for...I've been dubbed "Red Wings" for taking a digger and bleeding all the way through the hash. For the record, it was my knee that was bleeding.
48. See a Timbers game Completed 9/8/05. The Timbers kicked some ass, too. The score was 6-1.
51. Find, obtain and live in an apartment that isn’t one step up from a college hovel. Dishwasher optional, but hardwood floors and screens on the windows are not. Basically, I want it to look like the apartment I moved into shortly after moving back to Portland from Eugene, but without the emotionally unstable roommate. completed 9/4-6/05. Obtained, paid first and last, moved all my stuff in, purchased a new couch set, and spent my first night sleeping there. It has hardwood floors, screens on every window, a dishwasher and disposal, a fireplace, a covered front porch and beautiful built-ins, plus enough closet space for a small army. Awesome.
52. Find a yoga or Pilates studio that I like and take classes for at least two months Completed 1/20/08. I'm calling this one good, mainly because one of my friends teaches yoga on Sunday nights at my gym, and I've been going off and on for six months+. In the sense that I've been doing more yoga, which was the idea behind this one anyway, this one's done.
54. Buy a blanket that actually fits my bed Completed 12/25/05. Mom actually bought the blanket, but it's Egyptian cotton and queen-sized. Sweet.
55. Find a Laundromat and do my laundry there at least twice completed 10/11/05. The whole point of this one was to stop doing my laundry at my parents' house. I've used the washer and dryer in the basement of my apartment building for two separate laundry days now, so I'm calling it good.
56. Invite my parents over and cook for them, including dessert and wine Completed 6/29/06. I invited Mom and Dad over, made a salad, made a main dish (pork chops with blueberry sauce), made dessert (Tillamook ice cream covered in fresh raspberries) and even though Dad brought the wine, they said it counted. Woohoo! Mom actually even said that mine was a little better because I had bought fresh herbs at the farmer's market and it really does make a difference. So yeah, I kick ass.
57. Purchase and use a larger memory card for my digital camera Completed 10/27/05. Although I didn't technically buy it, I did put it to good use in Costa Rica. Thanks, Indie Rocker!! Scratch that, I paid Indie Rocker back. So I did it for real!!
59. Once I move into a new apartment, hang the posters/pictures that I do have framed. Completed 9/15/05. I had to get everything hung up before the party, but I did it!!
62. Watch all of Wes Anderson’s movies. Completed 12/11/07. Indie Rocker took me to see "The Darjeeling Limited" tonight and I liked it. At this point, I've only not seen the 10 minute short of Bottle Rocket, and I kind of don't want to bother. So I'm going to call this one good.
67. Ski at a resort I’ve never been to. Completed 3/1/07 when I skied Sugarbowl and then really, really completed 3/2/07 when we skied Squaw Valley.
68. Backcountry ski at least once. Completed 3/1/07 with the Lake Run, wherein we strapped on the transceivers, packed shovels and probes, hiked for almost half an hour and were then rewarded with nearly two hours of waist-deep, untracked powder. Yeah, baby.
71. Sustain a healthy relationship with a boy for over six months without wigging out completed 8/12/2005. This is actually quite the milestone for me, and Indie Rocker as well. It's a cool feeling, that's for sure.
80. Clean out the 18 pounds of magazines I have and get rid of the ones I’m never going to read again Completed 7/9/05. I must have trucked a two-foot stack of magazines down to the recycle bin. I had Outside Magazines from 2001! And they've had Lance on the cover ever damned year. Swear to God.
81. Subscribe to Spin. Completed 5/5/06. I finally paid for this. I suspect this sounded like a better idea than it actually is. I daresay I will probably not renew this particular subscription. We'll see.
82. Subscribe to Vanity Fair Completed 5/5/06. I finally mailed out the payment for this and have discovered that I am incapable of sitting down and reading one of these in one sitting. Seriously.
87. Learn how to apply makeup Completed 9/9/06. I inexplicably developed the ability to do my makeup while in Cali for my cousin's wedding. Perhaps I just needed to get over my fear of it and just do it. Either way, I was even giving Mom tips on her eye makeup and getting compliments. Sweet.
99. Attend a concert where I know every word to every song Done 8/17/2005, as I knew every word to every Coldplay song, even when they covered Johnny Cash. We also saw one song of the opening band, who was covering the Stones and I knew the words to that too. Ha-ha!
101. Get a facial Done 6/10/2006. Mom gave me a while bunch of cool things for my birthday, including a manicure, a facial, a cut and color, several meals and a shopping spree. Needless to say, it rocked, and I'm stoked that the 101 list benefitted as well.