Friday, January 04, 2008

Mood lifting.

I've been in a cranky mood all day, and I finally figured out why. I am actually dreading my weekend. Um, yeah. I know exactly how messed up that is, so I've been doing some thinking about it. I am dreading my weekend because I don't want to have to spend both days at the mountain and deal with the increasing amount of b.s. that the higher-ups at ski school have been dishing out lately.

I'm still annoyed at having to waste 30 minutes of my day off waiting around trying not to get a lesson on Monday, and then not even getting a thank you for stopping by. It's really the little things that are starting to matter a lot.

In a lot of ways, I feel like I put a lot of work into getting my Cert II, and I feel like nothing's changed. I've been working up there for seven years, and while I now have more certification than 3/4 of the other instructors, I'm still having to ask to be assigned to adult lessons.

I think I'm clearly getting burnt out, and it's a really good thing that I'm only working 10 days this year. I just need to grit my teeth, smile really big, and get through the next six days at MHM.

On the bright side, I just bought my plane tickets for a really fun ski trip that I'm excited to take with my girlfriends. It's going to be a really welcome break from school and an even more welcome break from MHM.

Quote of the Day: "Because right now, this is a job. If I advance any higher, this would be my career. And if this were my career, I'd have to throw myself in front of a train." Jim Halpert (John Krasinski), The Office.

No comments: