Friday, October 19, 2007

Still truckin...

God, it's finally Friday. It's been a hell of a week too--I had my review at work today and my first midterm last night. Suffice it to say, the review went way better than the midterm, for sure. It's just the class that I'm less confident about, and having an ADD professor who likes to jump around subjects like a frog isn't helping. I don't think it's on purpose--I just think that he gets distracted really easily.

Other than that, we have a busy weekend coming up. Tonight is Molly's last shots at the vet until she's old enough for her rabies shot. After that is dinner with the fam and perhaps drinks with friends if we still have energy. Tomorrow is Chief LHV's birthday in Hood River, which should actually be really fun, as he's flying in from Hawaii and we're driving over the mountain to get there, so that we can take Molly into the snow and see how she likes it. As if she has a choice!

After that, it's 'cross on Sunday and more group meetings for me. I heart grad school! I'm just glad that my second midterm is take home. Seriously.

And I finally got my plane flight squared away for Thanksgiving, which is nice. I was starting to be afraid that I was not going to get that figured out and the price was going to skyrocket so much that I wouldn't be able to go. I love Indie Rocker's family, but they are not planners AT ALL. Which pretty much goes against every grain of my existence, but whatever.

Quote of the Day: "I enjoy having breakfast in bed. I like waking up to the smell of bacon, sue me. And since I don't have a butler, I have to do it myself. So, most nights before I go to bed, I will lay six strips of bacon out on my George Foreman grill. Then I go to sleep. When I wake up, I plug in the grill. I go back to sleep again. Then I wake up to the smell of crackling bacon. It is delicious, it's good for me, it's the perfect way to start the day." Michael Scott (Steve Carell), The Office.

No comments: