Friday, August 10, 2007

Weekend plans

After last weekend's incredibly exciting road trip to Seattle, this weekend seems like it's going to be quieter. I know that it isn't, but since I'm no driving anywhere, I seem to be able to convince myself that it is.

We went to the Brady Bunch's wedding last night. That is, Shooter and Dervish's wedding. Both of them have two kids, so you can imagine what a family that's going to become. The ceremony was sweet, and involved the kids, so that was cool. After that, we did the whole dinner cruise on the Portland Spirit, which was interesting. I'll leave it at that.

Tonight is the R2P awards party, which I'm going to even though I was in Boston for the race. There's always next year, I guess!

Tomorrow is Greenie's 4th annual housewarming party--I really love that he's still doing that. So random.

We're also going to continue looking for a puppy, since that's sort of our goal for the summer. Hopefully it will work out pretty soon. I also got a call from the grad program I applied to for an interview, so if I don't hear back today, I'll call them on Monday. Woo!

And we're doing the Bridge Pedal on Sunday morning. Wish me luck--it's 36 miles off the couch. I might die.

Quote of the Day: "Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans." Dad-ism.

No comments: