Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Busy, busy, busy...

It's been a crazy few days, but that's pretty typical. Last night was a fun hash, as Roche managed to get ahold of 25 free passes for the new tram. I quit working up on the Hill before the tram was finished, so I never got a chance to ride and I certainly had no intention of forking over $4 for a ride. So it was really fun to check it out for free and get to see the view. It's a cool view and truthfully, a good form of transportation. Most people will never need it, but it's clean, efficient, and arguably not that big a distraction on the skyline anyway. Whatever--it's not a debate I ever really cared to participate in anyway!

Other than that, I'm about to start going to crew practice again. Indie Rocker's auntie, Cookie, has been getting on my case about going with her, so I think it would be fun to at least check it out. Besides, unlike college, it's only three days a week instead of six and I think there will be considerably fewer bitchy girls in my boat! Besides, I really did love rowing, and I think this will be a good way to get my butt back into shape for the summer. If I'm really good, I might be able to talk Spokes into doing it with me.

Work remains interesting. I really like it when I have big projects to work on, because it makes the time scoot right along. I have to keep reminding myself sometimes that work isn't always going to be fun, and I'm not always going to be BFF with my coworkers. And that's a good thing--I need to remember that I have a very fulfilling life outside of work and that I can always rely on that when I feel like no one wants to get coffee with me. See? It's the kind of ridiculous problem that I seem to have at that time of the month. Of course.

The new boots are also awesome, as taking them off was vastly less uncomfortable than taking my old boots off, so I don't even have buyer's remorse anymore. Now I have to confess to Shopdude that he was right. I'm OK with that.

Quote of the Day: "There's no right, there's no wrong, there's only popular opinion!" Jeffrey Goines (Brad Pitt), Twelve Monkeys.

No comments: