Tuesday, January 02, 2007

New goals this year

Well, now that I've figured out how well I did on last year's resolutions, maybe I should do some for this year. My outlook keeps evolving, which is a good thing, and my interests are shifting a little bit. I'm really keen on figuring out if I can finally decide what it is I want to become and if these resolutions are baby steps in that direction. I don't know that I'm ready to be a grown-up just yet. Fortunately, neither is Indie Rocker, who told me that he has no intention of growing up anytime soon. My very own Peter Pan!

1. Take more time for myself.

2. Make more decisions by myself and fewer by committee.

3. Seek out and do activities that I enjoy, rather than what I think I should be doing.

4. Sock away a bunch of money in my savings account.

5. Cultivate a more professional wardrobe.

Well, I think that's a good start, at least. I'm loathe to add to that right now because I want to continue my streak of doing pretty well achieving my goals. So we'll see, right?

Quote of the Day: "Growing up is such a barbarous business, full of inconvenience... and pimples." Captain Hook (Jason Isaacs), Peter Pan.

No comments: