Sunday, December 31, 2006

2006's resolution recap

Well, 'tis the season to take a look back and see how I did on my resolutions from last year. I didn't do a very good job of checking in on them, but I think I did pretty well, all told. Without further ado, here's the list:

1. Be less flaky. I actually did this, believe it or not. I think for the first time in my life, I've finally learned to say "no" when I really can't do things. I've stopped saying "yes" on Evites when I really mean "no" or "maybe." It's a good feeling to know that my friends can count on me. And I really will call them back or at least apologize when I space it.

2. Get a workout schedule on track and stick to it for an extended period of time.
Indie Rocker and I went and got a workout program from our friend Benny, which was nice because I actually have biceps now. And my arms don't wiggle. I need to work on sticking to it on vacations, but it includes skiing and hashing, which makes it so much easier to handle.

3. Get a new job. Seriously? Woo! This was such a great feeling. Obviously there are parts of my new job that drive me crazy (still accruing vacation--argh.), but overall, it was past time and I'm so glad that it finally happened.

4. Stop biting my nails. And stop picking at my face. Still working on it. Nobody's perfect!

5. Open an IRA or Roth account. I actually have a 401k now through work and it's growing nicely. I'm going to consider this done.

6. Start taking better care of myself. Well, it hasn't all happened the way I intended it, but I have attempted to eat better, sleep more, drink less, and generally live better. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Either way, it's a good attempt, really.

Well, pretty much 5 for 6 this year, which certainly isn't bad. I'm particularly patting myself on the back for getting the new job because there's really no way that I could have survived a new year in the old one. I might have totally lost it and that's no good. So I've saved my sanity and embarked on a new adventure. We'll see how it goes!!

Quote of the Day: "The funerals end today." Jack Lengyel (Matthew McConaughey), We Are Marshall.

No comments: