Thursday, December 21, 2006

Darkest Day of the Year

It is, but thankfully it was a really nice day, so I actually got to see some sun. One of my coworkers and I wandered down to the mall to attempt to shop at lunch, so I got to go outside too. We were totally unsuccessful in our attempt, but it was OK. We tried.

Other than that, things have been good. Indie Rocker and I did Christmas last night. I gave him a stovetop espresso maker, coffee, a Ferrari tshirt from Puma, and tickets to next month's My Morning Jacket concert. I got a freshly tuned and ground pair of tele skis (slightly used, but that's OK. He only used them for one season), a pair of red climbing skins, and a really great Nike jacket that I didn't want to buy for myself at the Employee Store. So good for him. He said that his original idea for me fell through, much like mine did for him. That's OK, though. I think we're both pretty happy.

He left this morning for California, and I'll miss him, but it's nice to be alone for a few days. It's a nice change.

Quote of the Day: "You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?" Tinkerbell (Julia Roberts), Hook.

No comments: