Monday, October 30, 2006

Ski movie weekend

Well, we pretty much drank beer and went to see ski movies this weekend. Friday night was Warren Miller and Saturday was TGR. Unfortunately, this pretty much precluded any and all Halloween partying, but for whatever reason I wasn't really feeling it this year anyway, so no big loss.

And at TGR, I got to meet Eric Pollard!

They were actually really relaxing evenings, aside from massive beer consumption. I'm sure that I drove my mother nuts on Friday, but she seemed to hide her irritation well, if she was in fact annoyed. Go me! On the other hand, Indie Rocker actually won something at Warren, which was unusual. It was a backpack that he ended up giving to me, but cool nonetheless.

TGR was standing room only, which left a little to be desired, but I did manage to be fine standing for an hour. And did I mention Eric Pollard? I'm such a geek.

Quote of the Day: "I'll stop the world and melt with you/you've seen the difference/and it's getting better/all the time." Melt With You, The English Beat. (One of the random street musicians was singing this yesterday and it's been stuck in my head ever since.)

No comments: