Thursday, August 24, 2006

So far so good...

You know, all considering I'm having a good week. The job so far is pretty darn good, and the people are pretty awesome. It's funny how fast news spreads around the office--I've had several people ask me if I'm really from Cali. No, but I was born there. One of the other girls here was born in the same hospital. Small world, eh?

I'm reading a book right now that Strong Draught's friend wrote, and it's really, really interesting. It's all about relationships, which is both good and bad considering what I'm going through right now. On the bright side, it's entertaining, so that's cool.

I'm discovering really interesting things about my job too--namely that this really is the non-profit place to be in town. I'm kind of in awe of the people that this place attracts, both as employees and donors. It's really interesting. For example, I was going through files today and discovered that one donor had opened an account with the proceeds from the sale of a Basquiat. Cool, eh? I got to see all the auction documents and the pictures of the art collection, which was awesome.

OK, I need to get back to work, but I wanted to share!

Quote of the Day: "A Prost: To "We were on a break!"" From the first Widmer beer I cracked open last night. Joy and I nearly died laughing. It totally freaked us out.

No comments: