Wednesday, June 07, 2006

So, so tired.

As if I wasn't excited enough to be visiting Marshall in two weeks, I just found out that it is the same weekend as the Bus Project's annual Gala. That means that I am off the hook from attending as well as attempting to rope my friends into going. Happy skippy!!

I have nothing against the Bus Project, and most likely will be returning to volunteer service there as soon as my employment situation changes. However, I am a little stressed out right now and just don't feel like donating my time anywhere else aside from my friends, family, Indie Rocker, exercise, and job hunting.

My main frustration lies in the fact that my current job just keeps getting worse. It's almost starting to be comical, in an "Office Space" sort of way, where these ridiculous requests keep appearing on my desk in the expectation that I'm just going to magically do three jobs at once. It's completely aggravating. My boss even sent me an email today that basically said, yes I know that we're adding even more stuff while the other girl is gone on maternity leave, but we can't afford to hire someone and I'm sure that you can do it. I'm paraphrasing, but not by much.

I kid you not, the highlight of my day today was explaining to everyone why I was sitting on an inflatable ball. Which my boss called cute, so I'm assuming it can stay.

I told Scienziata today that more than anything, I'm tired of bitching about my job. I just want to go somewhere and do something else so that I have something else to talk about. This is getting ridiculous.

I get to cross about four things off the 101 list in the next two weeks, and I really, really wish that the new job item was one of them.

Quote of the Day: "Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about about mission statements." Peter Gibbons (Ron Livingston), Office Space.

No comments: