Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Home Sweet Home

Eek! It's been too long since I've posted again. Sorry!!!

Anyway, I had a bit of a crazy weekend, which is a lot of fun. It was the Champ Car weekend, which my family has been attending for approximately 100 years, and was as fun as always. I didn't get to go on Friday this year, which is fine because I had to work and it didn't end up being all that exciting anyway.

I also wanted to post a scan of the autograph I netted on Sunday, but haven't had a chance to figure out if I can even hook up the scanner to the laptop, so wish me luck with that.

However, I did spend most of yesterday in bed with a major head cold, which necessitated much sleeping and not a whole lot of anything else. On the bright side, I am poised to knock off some more of the 101 list as I have planned dinners for next week and my parents are coming over a week from tomorrow for a meal. Should be interesting. I don't think I've gotten in over my head, but that might all change by Wednesday.

I'm pretty satisfied with my menu as well, since it's got stuff like mango, quinoa, and chickpeas in it. All stuff I've never cooked with and it should be interesting. I'm also going to check out the Thursday night farmer's market at Ecotrust, so hopefully I should be able to score some really fresh stuff. That, and hit Pike Place Market on Sunday to pick up ingredients for early in the week.

Joy left for Costa Rica and Nicaragua this morning, and she is entrusting me with several plants to babysit for her while she's gone. Fortunately, several of them are mostly just dirt pots as she thinks they got infested with weeds, so she's letting me experiment with them. The other two I just have to keep alive. I think I can handle that.

Quote of the Day: "Why the sudden interest in cooking?" "Because I have time." Me and Indie Rocker in my kitchen last night.

No comments: