Saturday, January 07, 2006

New for 2006

Time again to set some goals for the New Year. I've decided that since last year's goal setting and accomplishing went pretty well, I'm going to go with that format again. So here goes...

1. Be less flaky. This seems pretty simple--call people back, do things when I say I will, generally be more reliable. And stop saying yes when what I really mean is "I want to, but there is no actual way in hell that can happen in reality."

2. Get a workout schedule on track and stick to it for an extended period of time. I got pretty good last year and then it all fell apart as soon as I went to Costa Rica. Argh.

3. Get a new job. Seriously? This needs to happen, but not until I fulfill my obligation to my boss. NP and Mock asked me why I wasn't as excited about the whole ski school thing as I normally am, and I realized that my dissatisfaction with my real job is negatively affecting my life in small, but utterly profound ways. I need to have something change to change my whole outlook and I really think that a new job would be the perfect change.

4. Stop biting my nails. And stop picking at my face. Both of these probably should have been broken in adolescence, but it would not only help my appearance, but my health if I were to keep my hands away from my face more.

5. Open an IRA or Roth account. Basically, I think it would be quite the prudent financial decision to start saving for retirement at an early age.

6. Start taking better care of myself. This includes such things as sleeping an appropriate number of hours per night, getting massages, getting my teeth cleaned every six months, not stalling on checkups and other such necessities. I think this might keep me healthier and saner.

Quote of the Day: "I am not going to sit on my ass as the events that affect me unfold to determine the course of my life. I'm going to take a stand. I'm going to defend it. Right or wrong, I'm going to defend it." Cameron (Alan Ruck), Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

No comments: