Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Not for granted.

I must admit, after the whirlwind that has been the past few days of my life and that will pick up again with a vengeance tomorrow, I’m going to be very, very happy to sit on my couch and bond with my TiVo tonight.

I know I’m supposed to go hashing and I also know that I don’t care. I’m spending the entire weekend with these people; I have a hard time believing that they’re going to miss me that much tonight.

Besides, I had the horrifying realization last night that if I don’t take tonight off, I’m not going to have a single night to myself for the next week, if I’m lucky. Not a happy thought, that one!!

So I’m putting my foot down and taking a break. I know, it’s highly unlike me, but someday I’m going to have to start taking better care of myself and now seems like a perfectly good time. Besides, I’m already an entire episode behind on “Lost.”

Plus, now's as good a time as any to remind everyone not to take anything for granted. Especially someone else's presence.

Quote of the Day: “'Never take your loved ones for granted: they could be gone tomorrow'/all of my dreams seem to fall by the side/ like a discarded thought/or the day's fading light/but I know that if I could just see you tonight." Forever, Dropkick Murphys.

No comments: